For those of you returning to school and university after the October half term or reading week, it would not be a surprise if your lack of enthusiasm and motivation was beginning to mirror the decreasing temperatures outside.
The winter months are tough. It’s cold, the days are shorter, the nights are longer, and the urge to stay cozied up in bed is that much greater. To stem this growing tide, have a look at the following quotes below that will help build up your motivation and keep your eyes open on those long chilly nights!
- “ The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.”
(Malcolm X, human rights activist)
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”
(Dwayne Johnson, actor and producer)
- “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.”
(Bruce Lee, artist and philosopher)
- “Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.”
(Nelson Mandela, politician, president and philanthropist)
- “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.”
(Mohammed Ali, celebrated boxer and activist)
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, sacrifice and most of all, love for what you are doing or learning to do.”
(Pele, celebrated professional footballer)
- “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”
(A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, 11th president of India)
- “Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them.” (Anonymous)
- “Hard days are the best because that’s where champions are made. So if you push through the hard days, you can get through anything.”
(Gabby Douglas, olympic gymnast)
- “Nothing will work unless you do”.
(Maya Angelou, poet and civil right activist)
Stay motivated and have an excellent winter term!